4. As of noon trading, CIT Group ( CIT) is up $0.34 (0.7%) to $49.79 on light volume. Thus far, 253,515 shares of CIT Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $49.48-$49.90 after having opened the day at $49.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.45. CIT Group Inc. operates as the holding company for CIT bank that provides commercial financing and leasing products, as well as deposit products and savings accounts. CIT Group has a market cap of $10.0 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.3, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 28.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate CIT Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates CIT Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing. Get the full CIT Group Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts