Rockstar Games is proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is now available for select iOS devices. Upon its original release, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas took the groundbreaking series to new heights, delivering three detailed cities and an entire state for players to roam.
" Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas was a giant leap forward for the series, bringing the early ‘90s West Coast to life in a massive world full of possibilities,” said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "We’re thrilled for players to experience it all on mobile devices.”
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas features a vast open-world covering the state of San Andreas and its three major cities – Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas. In addition to enhanced visual fidelity and over 70 hours of gameplay, the game has received several technical upgrades for the iOS version and has been specially modified for use with mobile devices. Upgrades and enhancements include:
- Re-mastered, high-resolution graphics including lighting enhancements, an enriched color palette and improved character models;
- Dynamic detailed shadows and real-time environmental reflections (iPhone 5 series/iPad 4th Gen and above);
- Physical controller support for all Made-for-iOS controllers;
- Cloud save support for playing across all of your iOS devices for Rockstar Social Club Members;
- Updated checkpoint system;
- Dual analog stick controls for full camera and movement control;
- Three different touch control schemes and customizable controls.
Five years ago, Carl Johnson escaped from the pressures of life in Los Santos, a city tearing itself apart with gang trouble, drugs and corruption. Now it’s the early 90’s and Carl’s got to go home. His mother has been murdered, his family has fallen apart and his childhood friends are all heading towards disaster. On his return to the neighborhood, a couple of corrupt cops frame him for homicide. CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas, to save his family and to take control of the streets.