NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Micro-cap ImmunoCellular Therapeutics (IMUC) just got a whole lot smaller Thursday after the stock crashed 57% to $1.17, losing more than $88 million of its market capitalization. Daily trading volume of 8 million shares is five times higher than the three-month average trading volume.
IMUC data by YCharts
After market close Wednesday, the cancer immunotherapy researcher announced the results from a phase II study of ICT-107, its experimental cell-based vaccine. Clinical studies showed a statistically significant increase in progression-free survival among patients suffering early stages of the aggressive brain tumor type glioblastoma multiforme.
However, the vaccine failed to hit statistical significance in overall survival for the intent-to-treat population, the drug trial's primary endpoint.
"We await additional data to evaluate the effect on overall survival," Dr. Patrick Wen, a trial investigator and director of the Center for Neuro-Oncology at The Dana Farber Cancer Institute, said in a statement."Although we missed the primary overall survival (OS) endpoint, it is encouraging that the OS and progression-free survival (PFS) results are consistent and that most of the predefined secondary endpoints in the OS subgroups numerically favor ICT-107 over placebo, although none has reached statistical significance," said ImmunoCellular CEO Andrew Gengos. -- Written by Keris Alison Lahiff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV