TIBCO Software (TIBX) Showing Signs Of Being Water-Logged And Getting Wetter
- TIBX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $36.5 million.
- TIBX has traded 2.2 million shares today.
- TIBX traded in a range 248.1% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.25.
- TIBX traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 106 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 106 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TIBX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TIBX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TIBX: TIBCO Software Inc. provides middleware and infrastructure software worldwide. It offers products in the areas of service-oriented architecture (SOA) and core infrastructure; business optimization; and process automation and collaboration. TIBX has a PE ratio of 45.4. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate TIBCO Software a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for TIBCO Software has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. TIBCO Software has a market cap of $3.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.95 and a short float of 1.9% with 1.61 days to cover. Shares are up 9.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates TIBCO Software as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 6.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $58.33 million or 20.57% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.71%.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.60, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that TIBX's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 2.28 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- TIBCO SOFTWARE INC's earnings per share declined by 13.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TIBCO SOFTWARE INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.72 versus $0.65 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.03 versus $0.72).
- The gross profit margin for TIBCO SOFTWARE INC is currently very high, coming in at 74.30%. Regardless of TIBX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TIBX's net profit margin of 7.84% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- You can view the full TIBCO Software Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV