AFLAC Inc. (AFL) has been named to the Dividend Channel ''S.A.F.E. 25'' list, signifying a stock with above-average ''DividendRank'' statistics including a strong 2.3% yield, as well as a superb track record of at least two decades of dividend growth, according to the most recent ''DividendRank'' report.
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, AFLAC Inc. is a member of the iShares S&P 1500 Index ETF (ITOT), and is also an underlying holding representing 1.27% of the SPDR S&P Dividend ETF (SDY), which holds $158,043,463 worth of AFL shares.
AFLAC Inc. (AFL) made the "Dividend Channel S.A.F.E. 25" list because of these qualities: S. Solid return — hefty yield and strong DividendRank characteristics; A. Accelerating amount — consistent dividend increases over time; F. Flawless history — never a missed or lowered dividend; E. Enduring — at least two decades of dividend payments.
The annualized dividend paid by AFLAC Inc. is $1.48/share, currently paid in quarterly installments, and its most recent dividend ex-date was on 11/18/2013. Below is a long-term dividend history chart for AFL, which the report stressed as being of key importance.
AFL operates in the Life & Health Insurance sector, among companies like UnitedHealth Group Inc (UNH), and MetLife Inc (MET).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV