HOPKINTON, Mass., Dec. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC ® Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today released the findings of its global survey that asked thousands of IT decision makers from 50 countries for their perspective on the challenges and opportunities that Big Data and IT transformation – and related skills – can present to their companies. Over the last six months this research polled more than 10,700 business and IT management and executives, technical architects, data scientists and storage/infrastructure managers from a range of industries who registered to attend their local EMC ® Forums.
Visit http://www.emc.com/campaign/global/forum2013/survey.htm for a closer look at the global and country-level survey results. Highlighted below are examples of countries and topics for which a strong divergence of views were revealed.
Companies continue to look to IT innovation in order to compete locally and on the global stage:
- 76% of respondents report that their business believes technology investment is a strategic way to achieve its goals. (92% India vs. 65% England)
- The top three drivers for the transformation of IT systems and infrastructure are:
- Better Business Processes
- Innovating Products & Solutions
- Enhancing Customer Experience
- 66% of respondents report that they have the correct level of skills and knowledge in place to complete their business priorities successfully. (82% Singapore vs. 52% Ireland)
- Three quarters of respondents report that ensuring skills keep pace with the rate of IT innovation will be a challenge for their organizations over the next three years.
- 68% of respondents agree that IT is now equipped to handle the most essential business priorities – and that now, the biggest barrier is cultural. (90% Korea vs. 39% Poland)
- 79% of businesses surveyed reported that better uses of Big Data will lead to better decision making. (84% North America vs. 56% Germany)
- 58% of respondents believe that Big Data will be a key factor in determining winners and losers in their industry. (81% Korea vs. 29% Sweden)
- 36% have already achieved a competitive advantage as a result of Big Data analytics technology. (79% Taiwan vs. 16% Japan)
- 56% of respondents also agree that Big Data technology will prove vital in identifying and protecting against cyber-attacks. (74% China vs. 36% Finland)
- Nearly one-third (29%) of companies surveyed have no current plans for implementing Big Data technology. (43% Italy vs. 9% China)
- While budget was the most important factor for overall business decision making, the most common reason cited as inhibitors to Big Data adoption were no clear business case or proven ROI (35%), relevancy to business (23%), and business culture being unready for Big Data (22%).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV