Calgon Carbon Corporation (NYSE: CCC) today announced that long-time Director and Chairman of the Board of Directors, Seth Schofield, will be retiring at the end of his term and not standing for re-election. He will continue to serve as a Director and Chairman until the 2014 Annual Meeting of Stockholders expected to be held in early May, 2014.
As permitted by its Bylaws, Calgon Carbon’s Board of Directors has authorized and approved a reduction in the number of Directors from ten to nine, effective immediately prior to the 2014 Annual Meeting of Stockholders. As a result, three Directors will be elected at that meeting. The Board of Directors will elect a new Chairman at a future date.
Randy Dearth, President and Chief Executive Officer, said, “I would like to express my deep appreciation to Seth for his many years of dedicated service. He has been a guiding influence to me and helped place Calgon Carbon Corporation in our current position of being prepared for future growth and profitability.” Mr. Schofield, 74, has been a director of Calgon Carbon since 1995.
The Company noted that three of the Directors currently serving on the Board took office earlier this year and another three have less than seven years of Calgon Carbon Board service.Further details regarding the 2014 Annual Meeting will be included in the Company's definitive proxy materials, which will be filed with the SEC. Pure Water. Clean Air. Better World. Calgon Carbon Corporation (NYSE:CCC) is a global leader in innovative solutions, high quality products and reliable services designed to protect human health and the environment from harmful contaminants in water, and air. As a leading manufacturer of activated carbon, with broad capabilities in ultraviolet light disinfection, the Company provides purification solutions for drinking water, wastewater, pollution abatement, and a variety of industrial and commercial manufacturing processes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV