Hundreds of ADT team members and their families across the United States and Canada are showing their holiday spirit by volunteering with more than 40 nonprofit organizations as part of the Holiday Hope Across ADT campaign. Holiday Hope is a seasonal volunteer campaign that is part of ADT Always Cares, a new community service program that pairs ADT associates and their families with local charities in the Company’s major markets.
“This time of year always reminds the ADT family that the true meaning of the holidays is about giving back,” said Tony Wells, chief marketing officer at ADT. “We are delighted to see how fired up our team members are about making a difference in the communities where they live and work. Their time, talent and spirit in volunteering with these vital local nonprofits is phenomenal.”
Team members in seven North American markets will participate in more than 60 events for Holiday Hope Across ADT. Some of the volunteer events include:
- Boca Raton, Fla.: South Florida team members partnered with Florence Fuller Child Development Center to host the first ADT Thanksgiving feast, providing and serving meals to nearly a hundred disadvantaged family members.
- Calgary, AB: The Calgary team is partnering with NeighbourLink to help assemble and deliver baby hampers, furniture and donations to low income new mothers.
- Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas: The Dallas-Fort Worth team is hosting a New Year’s Eve party at the Ronald McDonald House of Dallas, helping the children to decorate cookies and the house.
- Denver, Colo: The Denver team joined forces with Special Olympics Colorado at the State Fall Classic, assisting in a bowling event for special needs individuals.
- Jacksonville, Fla.: Jacksonville team members are working with NAS Jacksonville to provide 2,250 pounds of “wish list” items to a squadron of 180 Navy sailors on assignment in the Middle East and away from family.
- Knoxville, Tenn.: The Knoxville team is helping to supply food and toy gift baskets to more than 10,000 families in need via the Empty Stocking Fund.
- Rochester, N.Y.: Rochester team members are partnering with the Boys & Girls Club to underwrite and staff their annual Breakfast with Santa, serving club members and their families as they receive holiday presents.
In its first full year as an independent company, ADT has made a tremendous impact launching this new signature corporate citizenship program. In the program's first three months, nearly 1,500 ADT team members participated by volunteering over 7,600 hours of service at 156 charity projects.