NEW YORK, Dec. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NorthStar Realty Finance Corp. (NYSE: NRF) (the "Company") announced today that it has priced an underwritten public offering of 50 million shares of common stock at a public offering price of $11.65 per share. The Company has granted the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase up to 7.5 million additional shares of common stock.
The offering is expected to close on December 17, 2013.
UBS Investment Bank, Deutsche Bank Securities, Barclays, Citigroup and J.P. Morgan are acting as the joint book-running managers of the offering. FBR, JMP Securities, Keefe, Bruyette & Woods, a Stifel Company, Ladenburg Thalmann & Co. Inc. and MLV & Co. are acting as the co-managers of the offering.
The Company intends to use the net proceeds of the offering to:
- fund the cash portion of the purchase price for the acquisition of an approximately $400 million portfolio of manufactured housing communities that it currently has under contract; and
- make other potential investments relating to its business, which may include (i) an approximately $350 million debt and equity investment in a strategic joint venture with a New York tri-state area focused real estate owner and asset manager, (ii) the acquisition of limited partnership interests in real estate private equity funds, (iii) the acquisition of commercial real estate properties and (iv) the origination of commercial real estate loans.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts