BARCELONA, Spain, Dec. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Synaptics Inc. (NASDAQ: SYNA), a leading developer of human interface solutions, today announced a major notebook PC OEM has selected its ForcePad™ technology to power its latest premium notebook, marking the first global OEM to bring Synaptics' ForcePad technology to market. As part of Synaptics' next generation of TouchPad™ touch solutions, ForcePad is the PC industry's first TouchPad that incorporates pressure recognition and delivers a new dimension of control for consumers.
Synaptics' ForcePad is an enhancement beyond ClickPad, replacing the mechanical click mechanisms with more accurate and reliable solid state force sensors. This gives users more intuitive and precise interactions in both operating system controls and applications including multi-touch gestures. Additionally, by incorporating variable pressure detection across the entire touch area, ForcePad enables leading OEMs to utilize 100 percent of the touch area for pointing, gestures and button activation, ultimately allowing for increasingly thin notebook designs when compared to previous ClickPads.
Synaptics' ForcePad also incorporates TypeGuard™ software technology. Many notebook users become frustrated when they falsely move the cursor or accidentally activate a tap by touching or brushing the touchpad with their palm. TypeGuard virtually eliminates all false cursor movements, accidental taps and false edge scrolls, giving users a more accurate response during everyday use.
ForcePad Key Features :
- Capacitive Pressure Detection: ForcePad solutions detect the amount of pressure that the user's finger(s) exert on the touch surface, which can be used to control user interfaces or other PC features.
- ClickEQ™ Click Anywhere Technology: Enables the accuracy and functionality of today's TouchPad technologies, meeting Windows 8.1 Modern TouchPad guidelines with image-sensing, fulltime finger tracking, and supports new Windows 7 and 8.1 gestures.
- Force-Enhanced Gesture Continuation: By varying the amount of pressure applied, users can now control the speed of a gesture operation and continue the motion after the gesture stops.
- Streamlined Design: With no hinges or button switches, ForcePad offers OEMs the opportunity to develop thinner and lighter devices, while allowing more space for multi-touch gestures.
- TypeGuard™: Differentiates between a finger and a palm, helping users minimize unintended inputs.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts