Officials from the City of Columbus, Development Authority of Columbus, Greater Columbus Chamber of Commerce, and site developer Western Devcon were on hand to commemorate the new facility's opening.
"Pratt & Whitney has had a presence in Columbus for the past 17 years, and it is gratifying to see the meaningful work they bring to our community and local economy," Columbus Mayor Teresa Tomlinson said. "By opening this new facility, Pratt & Whitney has shown they recognize the strength of our local workforce and the value Columbus provides to its growing business."
"Western Devcon is pleased to have jointly worked with Pratt & Whitney, Evans Construction and the Development Authority of Columbus to expand engine overhaul capabilities in Columbus," said Mike Ibe, Western Devcon president.
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Connecticut, is a diversified company providing high technology products and services to the building and aerospace industries. To learn more about UTC, visit its website at www.utc.com, or follow the company on Twitter: @UTC.This press release contains forward-looking statements concerning future business opportunities. Actual results may differ materially from those projected as a result of certain risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to changes in government procurement priorities and practices, budget plans and availability of funding, and in the number of aircraft to be built; challenges in the design, development, production and support of advanced technologies; as well as other risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to those detailed from time to time in the company's Securities and Exchange Commission filings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV