AMSTERDAM and SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AVG Technologies N.V. (NYSE: AVG), the provider of Internet and mobile security, privacy and optimization to 172 million active users, today announces the availability of AVG AntiVirus for Mac® to help protect MacBook®, iMac® and Mac Pro® users running OS X Mavericks (10.9) and Mountain Lion (10.8) from malware.
AVG AntiVirus for Mac is built on a powerful security engine that works in real time to detect and remove viruses and spyware that could infect your Mac or be passed on to your PC or mobile devices. This is the latest product in AVG's comprehensive range of free online security products for devices running on today's most popular platforms. The latest Mac product from AVG, AVG Cleaner™ for Mac, was released in November and currently holds the high average user rating of 4 stars on the Apple Store.
"It's a popular belief that Mac computers are invincible," said David Ferguson, General Manager, Consumer & Mobile, AVG Technologies, "But they never were – it's just been a matter of OS X not reaching the popularity that Windows® historically had. Thanks to the advent of iPhones® and the iPad®, the Mac platform has scaled exponentially, and that fact alone makes it a viable target for attackers. We've extended our award-winning AntiVirus product range to cover OS X and Mountain Lion because our customers are our priority and we aim to protect them, whatever device or system they choose to use."
Free AVG AntiVirus for Mac protects OS X Mavericks and Mountain Lion from viruses and spyware and delivers:
- Resident Shield: AVG's Resident Shield technology runs quietly in the background and scans every file users open, copy and save automatically quickly without draining resources, so the user won't even notice that we're there.
- Triple protection: AVG's award winning detection technology scans for Mac, Windows®, and Android®-based malware. Users can feel safer knowing that their Mac is protected and that they don't transfer malware to their other devices or share them with friends or co-workers.
- Drag & drop functionality: Users can run a thorough scan of their entire Mac or drag and drop files or folders and scan them individually.
- Automatic Updates: To stay ahead of the growing number of Mac threats, AVG is constantly innovating and evolving the detection methods. Updates to AVG's virus database get pushed to users automatically, so their Mac protection is always up-to-date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV