3 Reasons Why I Grew to Love LA
1. LA Has Hills
And, holy crap, the leaves change too!
That's a beautiful shot I took Monday morning somewhere in West Los Angeles, within spitting distance of Beverly Hills and Century City.This one is from the east of Hollywood, west of Downtown neighborhood known as Echo Park. Seems insignificant, but, from a not-so-symbolic standpoint, it's one of the things that helps you call bull on San Francisco-based haters who claim LA sucks. One of their top gripes about LA is that it's "flat." It doesn't have hills like San Francisco does. False. You can cherry pick swaths of Los Angeles that are pretty much flat, but you would be making a generalization. LA is so diverse in every way that few generalizations hold. Discovering LA has hills was akin to learning that, despite what your mother told you, no, you won't go blind. It's one of the first dominoes to fall in the process of realizing almost everything "they" told you (especially if "they" reside in San Francisco) about the Los Angeles region is not only false, but rooted in ignorant legend. Once you start noticing hills in LA, you begin to question everything else you were predisposed to hate. It kicks off a thrilling process of unparalleled urban discovery.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV