DryShips Inc. (DRYS): Today's Featured Transportation Winner
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.DryShips (DRYS) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.0%. By the end of trading, DryShips rose $0.04 (1.2%) to $3.46 on light volume. Throughout the day, 6,371,429 shares of DryShips exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 15,036,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $3.42-$3.51 after having opened the day at $3.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.42. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Global Ship Lease (GSL), up 11.9%, ModusLink Global Solutions (MLNK), up 8.6%, Baltic Trading (BALT), up 4.5% and USA Truck (USAK), up 4.4%.
- You can view the full DryShips Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV