JACKSON, Miss., Dec. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- EastGroup Properties (NYSE: EGP) today announced that H. Eric Bolton, Jr. has been elected to its Board of Directors. Mr. Bolton is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Mid-America Apartment Communities, Inc. (NYSE: MAA). Based in Memphis, TN, MAA owns or has ownership interest in approximately 85,000 apartment homes in 278 communities in 14 Sunbelt states and has a total market capitalization of approximately $6.5 billion. Mr. Bolton's election increases the EastGroup Board of Directors to nine members.
EastGroup Properties, Inc. is a self-administered equity real estate investment trust focused on the development, acquisition and operation of industrial properties in major Sunbelt markets throughout the United States with an emphasis in the states of Florida, Texas, Arizona, California and North Carolina. The Company's strategy for growth is based on its property portfolio orientation toward premier distribution facilities clustered near major transportation features. EastGroup's portfolio currently includes 33.7 million square feet.
EastGroup Properties, Inc. press releases are available at eastgroup.net.SOURCE EastGroup Properties
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV