BALTIMORE, Dec. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. (NASDAQ-GS: TROW) announced today that its board of directors has elected Mark S. Bartlett to be an independent director of the company.
Until retiring in 2012, Mr. Bartlett was a partner at Ernst & Young LLP, serving as managing partner of the firm's
Baltimore office and senior client service partner for the mid-Atlantic region. He is a certified public accountant and has extensive experience in financial services, as well as other industries.
Mr. Bartlett serves on the board of directors of Rexnord Corporation. He is also a director of The Baltimore Life Companies and Algeco Scotsman, which are privately held.
"Having served a variety of global and multi-national companies, Mark brings a broad range of valuable business experience that will serve the board and the firm well," said
Brian C. Rogers, chairman of T. Rowe Price Group. "We also look forward to benefiting from his significant accounting experience, as well as his expertise in securities regulation."
Mr. Bartlett holds a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from West Virginia University.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV