Kohl’s Department Stores (NYSE: KSS) today announced its holiday Dream Receipt campaign has gifted more than $1 million in merchandise to lucky Kohl’s customers chosen at random to have their tab covered by Kohl’s. More than 12,000 Dream Receipts have been awarded in store and online since Thanksgiving Day, and there’s still time to win! Kohl’s continues to pick up the tab for one winner every day in every store and Kohls.com now through December 24, totaling more than 30,000 winners this holiday season.*
“We have been thrilled and honored to be able to surprise thousands of Kohl’s shoppers by paying it forward and giving them their entire purchase for free,” said Michelle Gass, chief customer officer. “The Dream Receipt program truly captures the spirit of the season which is what the holidays are all about.”
Customers who don’t instantly win a Dream Receipt are invited to take a photo of their receipt and submit it via Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #InstaDream for the opportunity to win a $100 Kohl’s gift card.
With 1,159 winners each day, the Kohl’s Dream Receipt program has captured the holiday spirit. Kohl’s Dream Receipt winners’ stories range from a Texas customer who was shocked to receive more than $4,000 in merchandise, to a husband in California who won while purchasing a 10-year anniversary wedding band for $2,100. Below are just a few more heartwarming Dream Receipt stories of generosity and kindness.
- Parkersburg resident Greta Mooney was shopping for an outfit to wear to a fundraiser in her honor when she won a Kohl’s Dream Receipt and her entire tab - $134.58 - was picked up at the Kohl’s store in Parkersburg, West Virginia! Greta is getting ready to be a kidney donor and the fundraiser is to help her with expenses while she’s away from work. She said she could not afford the clothes she was purchasing, but wanted to look nice at the fundraiser and was shocked to have her purchased covered – a matter of ''being in the right place at the right time.''
- Susan Schmidt of St. Jacob, Illinois and her family were shopping for gifts to donate to children in need when they found out they won a Dream Receipt, and their purchase of more than $150 would be covered by Kohl’s! The Schmidt family was elated and is using the opportunity to pay it forward – they plan to take the money they saved and use the funds to purchase additional gifts to donate.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV