NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer has a few stock picks based on the headlines.
MasterCard (MA) announced late Tuesday it would do a 10:1 split, raise its dividend by 83% and initiate a $3.5 billion buyback plan after the current buyback expire. According to Cramer, the only two events that matter are the dividend and the buyback.
He said Visa (V) is now cheaper than MA, and suggested investors sell MA right before the split and use the proceeds to buy V.
Turning to Home Depot (HD), Cramer questioned what else shareholders could want from the stock. Management has done everything right and the company will hit 2015's estimates in 2014, helped along by strong housing prices. Cramer called the stock a buy on weakness.Finally, he said the deal between Discovery Communications (DISCA) and Scripps Networks Interactive (SNI) looks unlikely to get done for the time being, as per CNBC's David Faber. However, Cramer said SNI is undervalued and he likes both names. He suggested investors stay long SNI and DISCA. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV