NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- 2013 has been an incredible year for many stocks. T3 Live's Scott Redler says some stocks will remain strong.
Redler told TheStreet's Debra Borchardt that the strongest stocks tend to stay that way because portfolio managers do not want to endure the tax requirements for selling them.
Instead, these managers prefer to keep these stocks in their portfolios.
In the case of Google (GOOG), it's hard for investors to feel like they're not chasing the stock after it's epic run higher to more than $1,000.
Reder said it's not surprising the stock hasn't pulled back when one considers its strong fundamental and technical setups.
Redler recommended that investors wait for another consolidation in Google before stepping in as buyers.Turning to Yahoo! (YHOO), Redler said the stock has exceeded most investors expectations, especially over the past few months. Shares recently topped $40.
Redler said the technical setups for Yahoo! have been good. The stock breaks out, consolidates and eventually breaks out again, he said. He also said the stock appears to have broken out cleanly and that investors should continue to trim their positions as it rallies higher and higher. Baidu (BIDU) lagged the broader market until about the middle of this year. In the summer, the stock rocketed out of its lull and has been cruising higher ever since. Redler said the stock recently made a multiday breakout and that the move should lead to more new highs on the year. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV