OrthoAccelA® Technologies, Inc. Launches Investigator Initiated Research Program With Announcement Of Four Inaugural Grant Recipients
HOUSTON, Dec. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- OrthoAccel® Technologies, Inc. launches its Investigator Initiated Research Program by awarding initial grants to four academic research institutions. With patient demand steadily trending towards faster orthodontic treatment, OrthoAccel developed the grant program to generate more evidence-based research about accelerated orthodontics.
OrthoAccel manufactures AcceleDent® Aura, the only FDA-cleared, Class II medical device that has been proven to accelerate orthodontic treatment up to 50 percent.
"We originally went to market with AcceleDent because we knew consumers wanted faster orthodontic treatments," said Mike Lowe, president and CEO of OrthoAccel. "With that trend continuing, OrthoAccel's Investigator Initiated Research Program will support academic researchers as they discover new uses for AcceleDent while also expanding clinical knowledge about accelerated orthodontics through applied biomedical research."
OrthoAccel awarded the inaugural four grants to the following universities, which are listed with the proposed study title:
- Marquette University "Effect of mechanical vibration on orthodontic tooth movement ex vivo"
- University of Alabama at Birmingham "An investigation of time usage during orthodontic treatment"
- University of Colorado "Vibratory stimulation therapy for pain reduction after orthodontic archwire insertion"
- University of Connecticut "Biomarkers of orthodontic tooth movement with fixed appliances and vibration appliance therapy – a randomized clinical trial"
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts