PLANO, Texas, Dec. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In 1994, Pizza Hut® rolled out "PizzaNet" on something called the "Internet," a technology breakthrough at the time few marveled at or completely understood. Fast forward 20 years later and that test has paved the way for what has been one of the biggest revolutions in the pizza category ever – digital ordering.
Pizza Hut, widely recognized as the world's largest pizza company, is also "home" to the world's largest pizza restaurant – PizzaHut.com. Nearly one-third of the orders in the U.S. enter through PizzaHut.com, placed either via desktop, mobile or apps. Earlier this year, the company surpassed the $1 billion mark in digital sales.
"We recognized early on that our consumers were spending more and more of their time online, so we moved quickly to be there with them," said Scott Bergren, Chief Executive Officer, Pizza Hut. "As they moved toward mobile versus the home computer, we were there to greet them. Digital ordering is still in its infancy and we are intent on making the experience great for our consumers."Pizza Hut became the first company to enter the gaming environment with an app capable of digital commerce this year. The "Pizza Hut for Xbox 360" app launched in April and came complete with high definition graphics and voice commands and hand-motion recognition through Kinect. In addition, Pizza Hut's portfolio of mobile apps went through a major upgrade in 2013 and are available on 95 percent of smart phones, including Android, iPhone and Windows Phone. "Our technology team is one of the most robust and skilled in the world," said Bergren. "They've continued to push out advancements in our digital system solely to make the ordering process easier for our consumers."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV