PITTSBURGH, Dec. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- United States Steel Corporation (NYSE: X) today announced a series of executive management changes including naming John J. Quaid, vice president- Iron Ore; appoints Larry T. Brockway as senior vice president, chief risk officer and treasurer; Sharon K. Owen to retire from North American Flat-Rolled Operations.
Effective Jan. 1, 2014 John J. Quaid will assume the newly created role of vice president – Iron Ore. Quaid, a Minnesota native, will be responsible for all mining operations. He will report to Douglas R. Matthews, senior vice president – North American Flat-Rolled Operations.
Quaid, 41, joined U. S. Steel in 2002 and has advanced through positions in investor relations, business planning, the company's European operations, accounting and finance, and has served as vice president and treasurer since August 2011.
Larry T. Brockway, 54, who currently serves as senior vice president and chief risk officer, has been named senior vice president, chief risk officer and treasurer. Brockway previously served as treasurer from 2004 to 2011, and again assumes this role, as well as additional responsibilities for tax and the United States Steel and Carnegie Pension Fund. He will maintain current responsibilities for procurement and as the company's chief risk officer.Sharon K. Owen, 59, vice president – Supply Chain and Customer Service has elected to retire following a 37-year career with the company. Owen has held a variety of roles in quality assurance, customer technical services, steel operations, and automotive and tin product marketing and sales. She has served in her current role since 2011. The company does not plan to name a successor but will allocate responsibilities internally for logistics, business planning and customer service. For more information about U. S. Steel, including executive biographies, visit www.ussteel.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV