Quest Diagnostics (DGX) Is Today's Water-Logged And Getting Wetter Stock
- DGX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $118.8 million.
- DGX has traded 4.0 million shares today.
- DGX traded in a range 201.7% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.88.
- DGX traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 228 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 228 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DGX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DGX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DGX: Quest Diagnostics Incorporated provides diagnostic testing information services in the United States and internationally. The company operates in two businesses, Diagnostic Information Services and Diagnostic Solutions. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. DGX has a PE ratio of 11.5. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Quest Diagnostics a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Quest Diagnostics has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Quest has a market cap of $8.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.73 and a short float of 11.5% with 8.92 days to cover. Shares are up 3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Quest Diagnostics as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- QUEST DIAGNOSTICS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, QUEST DIAGNOSTICS INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.85 versus $2.96 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.90 versus $3.85).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income increased by 148.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $163.08 million to $405.14 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, QUEST DIAGNOSTICS INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 42.44% is the gross profit margin for QUEST DIAGNOSTICS INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of DGX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, DGX's net profit margin of 22.66% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.88, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.87 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full Quest Diagnostics Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.