I am also keeping an eye on toy company JAKKS Pacific (JAKK), which has had a horrendous year. The stock has fallen 40% and the operating results have been dreadful. Just a couple years back, this company had a buyout offer from Oaktree Capital for $20 a share, which it rejected. The stock, now at just over $6, trades below book value. The consensus sees a return to profitability by next year.
Happy harvesting and happy dumpster diving!
At the time of publication, the author was long Premier Exhibitions.Follow @JonMHellerCFA This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV