Dec. 11, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Henry Schein, Inc. (NASDAQ: HSIC), the world's largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, animal health and medical practitioners, announced that the Company will host an analyst and investor day today,
December 11, 2013
, in New York City. A product and services showcase will take place from
8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. ET
, with formal presentations and a live webcast taking place from
9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. ET
Presentations will be made by Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer,
Stanley M. Bergman
, and Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer,
, as well as other members of the Company's executive management team.
Among the information that the Company will present is revenue by business unit, available market estimates, market share estimates, revenue growth opportunities, strategic growth initiatives, financial measures for organic and acquired businesses, acquisition criteria, planned uses of cash and target operating model. In addition, the Company is reaffirming its 2013 and 2014 guidance as follows:
2013 EPS Guidance
- For 2013 the Company expects adjusted diluted EPS attributable to Henry Schein, Inc. to be $4.86 to $4.91. This represents growth of 9% to 11% compared with 2012 results excluding restructuring costs.
- Guidance for 2013 adjusted diluted EPS attributable to Henry Schein, Inc. excludes a charge related to the debt refinancing of Butler Schein Animal Health of $0.03 per diluted share, a charge related to divesting a non-controlling interest in a dental wholesale distributor in the Middle East of $0.14 per diluted share and an overseas tax benefit of $0.15 per diluted share.
- Guidance for 2013 adjusted diluted EPS attributable to Henry Schein, Inc. is for current continuing operations as well as completed or previously announced acquisitions, and does not include the impact of potential future acquisitions, if any.
- For 2014 the Company expects diluted EPS attributable to Henry Schein, Inc. to be $5.32 to $5.42, which represents growth of 9% to 11% compared with the midpoint of the 2013 guidance range.
- Guidance for 2014 diluted EPS attributable to Henry Schein, Inc. is for current continuing operations as well as completed or previously announced acquisitions, including BioHorizons and Medivet S.A., and does not include the impact of potential future acquisitions, if any.
The live webcast of the audio and accompanying presentations will be available on the investor relations portion of the Company's website at
. The audio will be archived on the Company's website. The accompanying presentations will be available on the website until
December 17, 2013
and thereafter, by request.
About Henry Schein, Inc.
, Inc. is the world's largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, animal health and medical practitioners. The Company also serves dental laboratories, government and institutional health care clinics, and other alternate care sites. A Fortune 500® Company and a member of the NASDAQ 100® Index,
employs nearly 16,000 Team Schein Members and serves nearly 800,000 customers.
The Company offers a comprehensive selection of products and services, including value-added solutions for operating efficient practices and delivering high-quality care.
operates through a centralized and automated distribution network, with a selection of more than 96,000 branded products and
private-brand products in stock, as well as more than 110,000 additional products available as special-order items.
The Company also offers its customers exclusive, innovative technology solutions, including practice management software and e-commerce solutions, as well as a broad range of financial services.