Buy Rated Semiconductors Lag the SOX
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) ($3.72) is 31.6% undervalued and has a gain of 60.3% over the last 12 months and is above its 200-day SMA at $3.49 after trading down from $4.13 on Oct. 17 to $3.04 on Oct. 23. My weekly value level is $3.11 with a quarterly pivot at $3.62 and monthly risky level at $4.64.
Cree ($58.18) is 21.5% overvalued and has gained 73.6% over the last 12 months and is below its 200-day SMA at $60.43 with its 50-day SMA at $62.47 after trading as low as $52.85 on Nov. 20. My annual value level is $49.93 with a quarterly pivot at $57.96 and a semiannual risky level at $65.10.
KLA-Tencor (KLAC) ($62.37) is 43.9% overvalued and has a gain of 31.5% over the last 12 months and is above its 200-day SMA at $57.88 but below its 50-day SMA at $63.11. My semiannual value level is $60.30 with a semiannual pivot at $63.61 and monthly and quarterly risky levels at $65.98 and $67.84.
LAM Research (LRCX) ($51.59) is 17% overvalued and has a gain of 43.1% over the last 12 months and is above its 200-day SMA at $47.83 but below its 50-day SMA at $52.47. Quarterly and annual value levels are $45.46 and $44.12 with an annual pivot at $49.11 and semiannual risky levels at $56.87 and $57.51.LSI Logic (LSI) ($8.13) is 24.3% undervalued and has a gain of 15.3% over the last 12 months and is above its 50-day and 200-day SMAs at $8.01 and $7.38 after setting a 2013 high at $8.53 on Oct. 31. My annual value level is $7.34 with a semiannual pivot at $8.19 and monthly, semiannual and quarterly risky levels at $8.49, $8.89 and $9.16. Maxim Integrated Products ($28.26) is 5.6% overvalued and has a loss of 5.1% over the last 12 months and is below its 50-day and 200-day SMAs at $29.16 and $29.62. My monthly value level is $25.39 with quarterly and semiannual risky levels at $33.64 and $33.84.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV