The upgrade covers the ratings of the mortgage covered bonds issued by Alpha Bank A.E. ADR OTCMKTS:ALBKY Alpha Bank, under its Direct Issuance Global Covered Bond Programme, Eurobank Ergasias S.A. Eurobank, under both of its programs and National Bank of Greece (NBG) NBG, under both of its programs.
National Bank of Greece: Follow-up to Greece's ceiling
Providing rationale to its upgrade, Moody’s Corporation (MCO) indicated its upgrade actions reflect the rating agency's decision to raise the Greek country ceiling to B3 from Caa2, following the upgrade of Greece's government bond rating to Caa3 from C and upgrades of the deposit ratings of Alpha Bank A.E. ADR OTCMKTS:ALBKY and NBG.Last month, Moody's Investors Services upgraded Greece's government bond rating to Caa3 from C and indicated the outlook on the rating is now stable. However, the short term ratings remain Not Prime.
Greece is A+Interestingly, last month, Japonica Partners in its note titled 'Greece is A+' remarked it is an irrefutable fact that Greece has accomplished one of history's most extraordinary sovereign fiscal rejuvenations, an A+ performance. The note further added now is the time to progress beyond the current economically irrational and anachronistic accounting that obfuscates that Greece merits an A+ credit rating and government bond interest costs below 5%.
Moody's ratings assumptionsMoody’s Corporation (MCO) in its report indicated it determines covered bond ratings using a two-step process: an expected loss analysis and a “timely payment indicator” TPI framework analysis. The rating agency uses its Covered Bond Model COBOL to determine a rating based on the expected loss on the bond. COBOL determines expected loss as 1 a function of the issuer’s probability of default measured by the issuer’s rating; and 2 the stressed losses on the cover pool assets following issuer default.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV
Rates from Bankrate.com
- Credit Cards