There's a reason Neiman Marcus puts out its Wish Book every year. It's the same reason Lifestyles Of The Rich and Famous and MTV's Cribs fared so well among viewers -- conspicuous spending is extremely entertaining.
U.S. Cooler's Brew Cave is the offspring sired by just that kind of drunken spending. Billed as "the largest kegerator on the residential market" and hovering around $6,500, this is just a giant, walk-in beer-store cooler with a tap attached. There is room for 30 cases of beer and six kegs, a lockable glass door, LED lighting, a CO2 regulator and tank for the tap. It's nearly 7 feet tall, 7.5 feet wide and 5 feet deep and requires a whole lot of expendable space just to fit into your home.The good news for buyers is that they'll now have a fittingly impressive place to hold the 720 beers they'll have to drink within the next three or four months before it turns. The bad news is that despite laying out the cost of a small room renovation on a kegerator, you still have to assemble it yourself with an allen wrench like a common Ikea shopper. -- Written by Jason Notte in Portland, Ore. >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jason Notte. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/notteham. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV