PLEASANTON, Calif., Dec. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Safeway Inc. (NYSE:SWY) announced the appointment of Brian Baer to President of the company's Eastern Division.
"Brian's proven management skills and experience will serve our customer base well in the Eastern Division," said Kelly Griffith, Safeway Executive Vice President, Retail Operations.
Mr. Baer joined Safeway in 2001 as Vice President of Finance for the company's Phoenix Division. In 2004, he became Group Vice President of Finance Planning and Analysis at the Safeway's corporate headquarters. He joined the Dominick's Division as CFO in 2008, and was promoted to President of that Division in 2011. Prior to joining Safeway, Mr. Baer spent more than 12 years with the Marriott Corporation serving in various financial management positions in operations, corporate finance and real estate development.About Safeway: www.Safeway.comSafeway Inc. is a Fortune 100 company and one of the largest food and drug retailers in North America based on sales. The company operates 1,406 stores in the United States and had annual sales of $37.5 billion in 2012. CONTACTS: (Media) Brian Dowling, 925-467-3787 SOURCE Safeway Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV