4. As of noon trading, GlaxoSmithKline ( GSK) is down $0.55 (-1.1%) to $51.96 on light volume. Thus far, 812,360 shares of GlaxoSmithKline exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $51.92-$52.24 after having opened the day at $52.11 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.51. GlaxoSmithKline plc, together with its subsidiaries, discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets pharmaceutical products, over-the-counter medicines, and health-related consumer products worldwide. GlaxoSmithKline has a market cap of $127.9 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.9, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 20.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate GlaxoSmithKline a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates GlaxoSmithKline as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full GlaxoSmithKline Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts