4. As of noon trading, Owens-Corning ( OC) is up $0.54 (1.4%) to $39.44 on light volume. Thus far, 409,875 shares of Owens-Corning exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $38.79-$39.62 after having opened the day at $38.85 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.89. Owens Corning produces and sells glass fiber reinforcements and other materials for composite systems; and residential and commercial building materials worldwide. It operates in two segments, Composites and Building Materials. Owens-Corning has a market cap of $4.5 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 69.9, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 5.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Owens-Corning a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Owens-Corning as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Get the full Owens-Corning Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts