DALLAS, Dec. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Expanding its broad portfolio of capacitive touch solutions, Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today announced the industry's most flexible haptics and capacitive touch combo solution on one chip. The new MSP430TCH5E haptics-enabled microcontrollers allow users to add vibrational feedback to all capacitive touch buttons, sliders and wheels on mobile computing and gaming devices, smart TV remotes, cameras, printers, industrial control panels, point-of-sale terminals and toys. Featuring a license for Immersion TouchSense ® 2200 software, MSP430TCH5E MCUs allow developers to easily add and tune 122 different haptics effects, including effect chaining and audio-to-haptics functionalities. TI collaborated with Immersion to provide the industry's leading haptic technology as an object code that can be integrated with other applications like capacitive touch.
The new MSP430TCH5E MCUs can be further configured with TI's open source MSP430™ Capacitive Touch Software Library. Developers can also leverage the new PC-based MSP430 Capacitive Touch Pro graphical user interface (GUI) tool to evaluate, diagnose and tune capacitive touch button, slider and wheel designs in real time. It features user-configurable ranging, recording and printing options.
To help developers quickly add haptics to their designs, Element14 has created the HapTouch™ BoosterPack that combines MSP430TCH5E haptics MCUs and TI's DRV2603 haptic driver into a familiar game controller form factor. The new BoosterPack can be plugged into TI's MSP430 Value Line LaunchPad evaluation kit to demonstrate the ease of configuring capacitive touch buttons that provide audio-to-haptics feedback. The new BoosterPack is ideal for a wide range of professional engineering, hobbyist and university projects and is available immediately from Element14. A fully programmable software development kit (SDK) is also provided.
Features and benefits of TI's new flexible haptics technology:
- Includes a license to industry-leading Immersion TouchSense 2200 haptic software.
- More than 120 different haptic effects for various button, alert and gesturing effects, including advanced features like audio-to-haptics and effect chaining.
- Access to HAPTOUCH software development kit (SDK) for custom HMI development.
- Supports both Linear Resonant Actuators (LRA) and Eccentric Rotating Machine (ERM) actuators for increased haptic design flexibility.
- Easy-to implement reference design available with TI's DRV2603 haptic driver for optimized actuator drive and MSP430TCH5E MCUs helps developers experiment and get products to market quickly.
- TI's capacitive touch solution ecosystem: www.ti.com/haptics-pr-ct
- Check out the MSP430 Capacitive Touch Ecosystem video: www.ti.com/haptics-pr-vid
- Start evaluating today with the Capacitive Touch BoosterPack: www.ti.com/haptics-pr-ctbp
- Add realistic tactile feedback with TI's haptic drivers: www.ti.com/hapticspl-pr
- Ask questions and help solve problems in the MSP430 forum on the TI E2E™ Community: www.ti.com/haptics-pr-e2e
- Make the Switch to TI MCUs: www.ti.com/maketheswitch
- Follow TI MCUs on Facebook: www.facebook.com/timicrocontrollers
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV