NEW YORK, Dec. 10, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- British Airways confirms the next routes for its new A380s and Boeing 787 Dreamliners and increases frequencies to select cities as part of the airline's 2014 summer schedule (March 30, 2014).
The new A380 will begin flying from Washington Dulles International Airport to London Heathrow on September 1, 2014. The aircraft is already flying from Los Angeles and Hong Kong direct to London and will start services between London and Johannesburg in February 2014.
In North America the new Boeing 787s will fly nonstop to London from Austin beginning March 3, Philadelphia beginning June 5 and Calgary from July 5, 2014.Across the British Airways network, the 787s will also launch to Hyderabad from March 30 and Chengdu from May 5, 2014. Sean Doyle, Americas' Executive Vice President for British Airways, said: "This is great news for the Americas region. Los Angeles was the first destination for our A380 and we'll be moving to a double daily A380 service in April. We also have our 787s on our Newark and Toronto routes and to add Washington, Philadelphia, Austin and Calgary to our network of new aircraft shows the importance of this market. We're receiving great customer feedback and I'm delighted that we are able to showcase our new aircraft and new interiors to more customers across North America." Network Service Increases
- Mexico City will benefit from an increase from five to six services a week from April 27.
- British Airways will increase the number of flights to Chengdu from three to five a week (from May 5, 2014).
- From May 6, Tokyo Haneda will move from five a week to daily flights and will be re-timed to a more convenient 8.50am departure from Haneda.
- Cape Town will gain an extra three Boeing 777-200ER flights a week through South Africa's cooler winter season (the Northern Hemisphere's summer) taking it from a daily service to 10 flights a week and accommodating an additional 219 customers in four cabins.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV