First up is Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD), a $2.57 billion software stock that's been on a tear in 2013. Since the first trading session of the year, CSOD has rallied more than 69%. But the upside could be over thanks to a bearish setup that's been forming in shares.
CSOD is currently forming a descending triangle pattern, a bearish setup that's formed by a horizontal support level below shares at $46 and downtrending resistance to the upside. Basically, as CSOD bounces in between those two technical price levels, it's getting squeezed closer and closer to a breakdown below $46. When that happens, we've got a sell signal.$46 gets some extra strength as a support level because it acted as resistance for shares on the way up back in the summer. The fact that buyers assigned some extra significance to $46 makes it a level that's worth watching on the way down. The 50-day moving average has been a good proxy for resistance on the way down. If you decide to bet against CSOD from here, that's where you'll want to keep a protective stop.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV