Trade-Ideas: Opko Health (OPK) Is Today's "Perilous Reversal" Stock
- OPK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $35.1 million.
- OPK has traded 697,159 shares today.
- OPK is down 3.2% today.
- OPK was up 5.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OPK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OPK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on OPK: Opko Health, Inc., a pharmaceutical and diagnostics company, engages in the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel and proprietary technologies. It operates in two segments, Pharmaceuticals and Diagnostics. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Opko Health a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Opko Health has been 4.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Opko Health has a market cap of $4.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.07 and a short float of 20.9% with 10.96 days to cover. Shares are up 129.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Opko Health as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- OPK's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 11.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 75.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- OPK's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.26 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.02, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- 46.83% is the gross profit margin for OPKO HEALTH INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -290.67% is in-line with the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 522.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$9.65 million to -$60.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$11.47 million or 495.32% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Opko Health Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.