North 6th Agency Reveals Six Most Influential Media And Publishing Industry Headlines Of 2013
NEW YORK and SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- North 6th Agency (N6A), an award-winning communications agency based in New York City and San Francisco, announced today the results from the Media and Publishing Industry category in its '6 on 6' program.
As part of the first annual '6 on 6' program, N6A assembled a panel of business executives, media influencers, well-respected analysts and pundits with expertise across the Media and Publishing industry. N6A then solicited feedback and insights from the panel and asked them to rank the top six most influential stories of the year within the category.
Final results of the N6A '6 on 6' Media and Publishing Industry category are as follows:
- News Corp. officially splits print entities from its broadcast and entertainment operations.
- Unpaid interns class action lawsuits against publishing titans Hearst and Conde' Nast.
- Hundreds of brick-and-mortar Barnes & Noble locations close across the country.
- Time Warner spins off Time Magazine units.
- Howard Kurtz fired from NewsWeek/DailyBeast.
- The New York Times closes R&D ventures after only one year.
The Media and Publishing Industry is the third of six categories that N6A is announcing this month. Last week, N6A unveiled its top energy stories which can be found at this link. Rankings of the three remaining categories -- Brand Advertising/Marketing, Brand Crises, and Business Deals -- will be revealed on a weekly basis until the final week of 2013. The full schedule of category announcements is as follows:
- Week of November 25th : Mobile Industry
- Week of December 2nd : Energy Industry
- Week of December 9th : Media/Publishing Industry
- Week of December 16th : Brand Advertising/Marketing
- Week of December 23rd: Brand Crises
- Week of December 30th : Business Deals (M&As, IPOs, etc.)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts