CHICAGO, Dec. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing [NYSE: BA] will make five $50,000 grants to Chicago-area leaders as part of its annual Game Changer Awards, which recognize individuals who have created innovative programs and initiatives to benefit Chicago communities. The grants will fund each organization's ongoing work.
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Boeing leaders presented the awards at a ceremony at the Garfield Park Conservatory.
"Giving back to our communities is important to our employees and a core value of Boeing, and we're proud to partner with these leaders in the amazing work they do to improve the environment, education, health and human services, arts and culture and civic engagement in Chicago," said Tony Parasida, senior vice president, Boeing Human Resources and Administration. "These recipients deserve recognition for rolling up their sleeves, taking initiative and solving problems in their neighborhoods and communities."
The 2013 Game Changer Award recipients are:
- Deb Moskovits, The Field Museum – For leadership in environmental stewardship in leveraging environmental and cultural assets in Chicago and Peru through the Environment, Culture and Conservation (ECCo) program.
- Paul Sznewajs, Ingenuity Inc. – For collaboration on the Chicago Public Schools Arts Education Plan to implement high-quality arts education programming across Chicago.
- Susana Vasquez , Local Initiative Support Corporation – For leadership of the Building Stronger Neighborhoods program to help community-based organizations support development and quality-of-life programs in the city's under-resourced neighborhoods.
- Maggie Blinn DiNovi , New Leaders – For collaborating with Chicago Public Schools to train and develop 200 principals and other administrative leaders since 2001.
- Beth White, The Trust for Public Land – For leading the planning, design and development of the 606/Bloomingdale Trail, a multi-use recreational trail and park system.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV