DETROIT, Dec. 10, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global businesses of all sizes face pervasive technology failures, with more than half registering a significant technology failure within the past year and 81 percent indicating they had the same fiasco occur multiple times, a Compuware Corporation (Nasdaq:CPWR) survey found. The major survey conducted on behalf of the technology performance company measured the frequency and severity of technology failures and the financial impact those failures have on the business.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=22604
In another primary finding, the survey by Intellitrends revealed that most organizations are unable to measure and quantify the business impact of their poorly performing technology.Of the more than 300 global executives surveyed:
- Forty-eight percent said they experience tech-performance issues daily.
- Three of four reported that the frequency of failures is increasing or staying the same.
- Fifty-one percent have recorded a major tech failure within the past 4-12 months.
- Four of five (81%) indicated the same major tech failure has occurred multiple times.
- Only one-third regularly collects data and quantifies the impact of failures.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts