For the seventh consecutive year, UBS has earned top marks from the Human Rights Campaign’s (HRC) Corporate Equality Index (CEI), which measures corporate policies and practices related to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) employees. This year marks the ninth time in the past twelve years that UBS earned a perfect rating in the annual report and designation by HRC as one of the best places to work for LGBT employees.
Key efforts by UBS in LGBT equality and resources
- Continues to develop resources focused on wealth planning for LGBT clients, including the recently released special edition of Investor Watch: The LGBT investor in a post-DOMA world
- Among the first Wall Street firms to offer a tax offsetting benefit for employees who pay for healthcare coverage for their same sex partners or spouses
- Provides comprehensive healthcare benefits to transgender employees
- Joined several other Wall Street firms in signing a Supreme Court amicus brief which set forth the business case for repealing the "Defense of Marriage Act"
- Joined the business coalition to support equal protection of LGBT individuals under the Employment Non-Discrimination Act
- Maintains longstanding partnerships with a number of LGBT community service organizations which focus on health and social services, at-risk youth mentoring, education and entrepreneurship
The recognition UBS received from the CEI in recent years underscores the firm’s commitment to diversity and inclusion. In addition to Pride Americas, the firm’s LGBT employee network, UBS offers a number of employee diversity groups that aim to provide mentoring, career development programming and additional resources for women, working parents, veterans, employees with disabilities, persons of color, and those representing multi-cultural backgrounds.
“We truly value the diverse and inclusive work environment that exists across UBS,” said Bob McCann, CEO of UBS Group Americas. “It’s a key differentiator for our clients and our employees, and I am tremendously proud that our firm continues to be recognized as one of the best places to work for LGBT equality.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts