SUNNYVALE, Calif., Dec. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ShoreTel® (NASDAQ: SHOR), the leading provider of brilliantly simple phone systems and unified communications solutions, today announced the appointment of Mark Roberts as chief marketing officer. Roberts has more than 20 years of technology marketing experience and brings strong technology, channel and unified communications industry expertise to ShoreTel, most recently in the role as vice president of marketing Americas for Mitel.
"I'm extremely pleased to welcome Mark to ShoreTel as CMO," said Don Joos, president and CEO of ShoreTel. "He has an impressive track record of success, and brings a wealth of UC market knowledge that complements our strategic plans. In particular, Mark has expertise in lead generation, company positioning, product marketing, and strategic planning and will be an instrumental member of the management team. His energy and drive for results are also a great fit with our company culture."
Roberts has been with technology companies most of his career, holding senior positions at NexTraq, Polycom, 3Com and Intel. While the CMO at NexTraq he implemented changes in marketing functions that resulted in a substantial increase in new business coming from marketing activities, and his revamping of product positioning and sales tools contributed to overall business growth."It's an exciting time to join the ShoreTel team, and I look forward to contributing to the company's success," said Roberts. "I'll be focused on positioning the company's continued leadership in the cloud and premises UC market while building on the existing strong brand. ShoreTel has great products, amazing partners, customers and employees, and numerous growth initiatives underway to get the business to the next level." As ShoreTel's CMO, Roberts will lead marketing strategy, product marketing, demand generation, branding and external communications.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV