Even though Stratasys is poised to be the big name in the space, according to Scribner, 3D Systems and ExOne may also benefit.
3D Systems should benefit from its "extensive technology portfolio," Scribner said. It has the ability to increase the materials it uses, as well as services offered, all adding to the company's margins. "With strong industry growth just beginning to take off, we view 3D Systems as one of the key beneficiaries," Scribner wrote. She rates shares "buy" with a $95 price target.
According to Scribner, Stratasys and 3D Systems are likely to be the two biggest beneficiaries, but ExOne is also well positioned in the space, as it features sand castings and metals, which can add to the additive manufacturing space.
Because of its smaller size, ExOne may wind up growing faster than its peers, but its margins are below the others in the space. That's likely due to the company not participating in other technologies, which could put it at risk if other technologies become more popular.
--Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York
>Contact by Email.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV