Kaplan Test Prep, the global leader in test prep, and thoughtbot, a premier web and mobile design and development firm, have partnered to launch a software developer bootcamp for individuals interested in becoming professional Ruby on Rails web developers. In the nascent market of programming academies and developer bootcamps, the Kaplan-thoughtbot venture marks the entrance of two industry heavyweights, bringing together an established leader in education and training with one of the world’s leading development firms in Ruby on Rails, an opensource web framework using Ruby programming language.
Named Metis, inspired by the Greek goddess associated with wisdom and good counsel, the initial bootcamp will be a 12-week intensive training program, using curriculum informed by Kaplan’s proprietary learning science and assessment insights and delivered by thoughtbot experts. The first class will start on February 24, 2014 at thoughtbot’s Boston office.
“The current disparity between supply and demand for developer talent in our economy means fluency in coding and software languages is a much-needed capability in today’s job market,” said Bernardo Rodriguez, Chief Digital Officer, Kaplan Test Prep. “Merging our experience as an educator with thoughtbot’s technology expertise was a natural fit in creating a superior program to help address the skills gap. thoughtbot has extensive experience as an employer of Ruby on Rails developers, in teaching Rails, and in actually building and shipping Ruby on Rails apps, so identifying and training top talent for hire is part of the company’s DNA.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV