Icahn (IEP) Moving On Heavy Volume In The Pre-Market Hours
- IEP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $42.3 million.
- IEP traded 42,850 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:07 AM, representing 13.7% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IEP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IEP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on IEP: Icahn Enterprises L.P. engages in the investment, automotive, gaming, railcar, food packaging, metals, real estate, and home fashion businesses in the United States and internationally. Its Investment segment provides investment advisory, and administrative and back office services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.6%. IEP has a PE ratio of 19.3. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Icahn a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Icahn has been 187,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Icahn has a market cap of $15.9 billion and is part of the conglomerates sector and conglomerates industry. The stock has a beta of 1.66 and a short float of 2.9% with 0.52 days to cover. Shares are up 212.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Icahn as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- IEP's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 11.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 20.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 400.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 245.37% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, IEP should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Auto Components industry. The net income increased by 461.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $84.00 million to $472.00 million.
- 35.09% is the gross profit margin for ICAHN ENTERPRISES LP which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 8.37% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Icahn Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.