KMG Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE: KMG), a global provider of specialty chemicals to select markets, today announced financial results for the fiscal 2014 first quarter ended October 31, 2013.
2014 First Quarter Financial Review
- Net sales were $93.6 million, an increase of 43.3% from the comparable quarter in fiscal 2013. The sales increase reflected the addition of OM Group’s Ultra Pure Chemicals (UPC) business, acquired in May 2013.
- Adjusted EBITDA 1 of $8.0 million, compared to $9.3 million last year. First quarter fiscal 2014 adjusted EBITDA excludes $500,000 of integration expenses and $1.28 million of CEO transition expense, while first quarter fiscal 2013 adjusted EBITDA excludes $577,000 in acquisition expenses.
- GAAP diluted earnings per share was $0.12 vs. $0.36 reported in the same period a year ago. First quarter EPS was adversely impacted by an increase of $960,000 in audit, tax and other professional service fees.
- Adjusted (non-GAAP) diluted EPS, which excludes integration expenses and CEO transition expense, was $0.22.
1 Non-U.S. GAAP measure. See Table 1 for reconciliation.
Chris Fraser, KMG chairman and chief executive officer, said, “KMG achieved record quarterly revenue of $93.6 million in the first quarter, driven by our newly acquired UPC business. We have been pleased with the integration of the UPC business into our existing Electronic Chemicals business, and we continue to focus intensely on this initiative to ensure a seamless transition for our numerous customers in the global semiconductor industry.“During the first quarter we announced a strategic manufacturing realignment of our global Electronic Chemicals business. Currently we are in the process of transferring production from the Fremont, California site primarily to our larger facilities in the U.S. In addition, we recently announced a consolidation plan for our European operations, involving the transfer of production from our Milan, Italy site to our other European facilities. We are confident these actions will yield enduring operating efficiencies for our global Electronic Chemicals business.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts