Trade-Ideas: Advance Auto Parts (AAP) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- AAP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $112.7 million.
- AAP is up 2.6% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AAP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AAP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AAP: Advance Auto Parts, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a specialty retailer of automotive aftermarket parts, accessories, batteries, and maintenance items. It operates in two segments, Advance Auto Parts (AAP), and Autopart International (AI). The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.2%. AAP has a PE ratio of 19.0. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Advance Auto Parts a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Advance Auto Parts has been 817,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Advance Auto Parts has a market cap of $7.6 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.88 and a short float of 3.7% with 2.49 days to cover. Shares are up 45.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Advance Auto Parts as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 45.36% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AAP should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- ADVANCE AUTO PARTS INC has improved earnings per share by 17.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ADVANCE AUTO PARTS INC increased its bottom line by earning $5.22 versus $5.12 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.43 versus $5.22).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for ADVANCE AUTO PARTS INC is rather high; currently it is at 53.35%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.83% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Advance Auto Parts Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts