Monsanto Company (NYSE: MON) today announced that its Board of Directors declared a quarterly dividend on its common stock of 43 cents per share. The dividend is payable on Jan. 31, 2014 to shareowners of record on Jan. 10, 2014. It relates to the first quarter of the company’s 2014 fiscal year.
“Our quarterly dividend continues Monsanto’s ongoing commitment to return value to our shareowners,” said Pierre Courduroux, Monsanto chief financial officer. “Over the last year, we’ve reinforced our commitment to use the company’s strong cash-generating capabilities to support our key growth objectives while also returning substantial value to our owners.”
Along with the company’s share repurchase program, dividends form an important element of the company’s enhanced focus on progressive cash deployment. Through its increased dividend and an enhanced share repurchase authorization, in fiscal-year 2013 Monsanto returned approximately $1.9 billion to owners – reflecting nearly the full amount of the company’s free-cash generation for the year.
About Monsanto CompanyMonsanto Company is a leading global provider of technology-based solutions and agricultural products that improve farm productivity and food quality. Monsanto remains focused on enabling both small-holder and large-scale farmers to produce more from their land while conserving more of our world’s natural resources such as water and energy. To learn more about our business and our commitments, please visit: www.monsanto.com. Follow our business on Twitter ® at www.twitter.com/MonsantoCo, on the company blog, Beyond the Rows at www.monsantoblog.com, or subscribe to our News Release RSS Feed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV