BROOMFIELD, Colo., Dec. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ball Corporation (NYSE: BLL) announced today that it has issued a notice of redemption for all of its outstanding 7.375% Senior Notes due 2019 (CUSIP No. 058498 AN6) (the "Notes"). The redemption date is January 10, 2014, and the redemption price is 100% of the principal amount of the Notes outstanding plus the Applicable Premium (as defined in the Third Supplemental Indenture, dated as of August 20, 2009, by and among Ball, the subsidiary guarantors named therein and The Bank of New York Mellon Trust Company, N.A., as trustee (the "Indenture")) as of, and accrued and unpaid interest to, the redemption date, payable in cash. Ball intends to use cash on hand and borrowings under its bank credit facilities and accounts receivable securitization program to fund the redemption.
As of the date hereof, approximately $315.4 million principal amount of Notes remain outstanding. On and after the redemption date, the Notes will no longer be deemed outstanding and interest will cease to accrue, unless Ball defaults in making the redemption payment.
The notice of redemption containing information required by the Indenture was sent by the Trustee to registered holders of the Notes today. In accordance with the instructions specified in the notice of redemption, Notes are to be surrendered to The Bank of New York Mellon, as trustee and paying agent, in exchange for payment of the redemption price, which will be paid on January 10, 2014, as provided in the Indenture.As a result of the 2019 Senior Notes redemption, Ball will record an after-tax charge of approximately $21 million in the first quarter of 2014. This press release does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any securities, including the Notes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV