MAUMEE, Ohio, Dec. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Andersons, Inc. (Nasdaq: ANDE) announces today it has purchased the assets of the granulation manufacturer Cycle Group, Inc.
"This opportunity expands the reach for our Turf & Specialty Group's granulation business into a strategic geographic location that will help us better serve our customers," says CEO Mike Anderson. "In addition, we will be increasing our production and distribution capabilities, obtaining intellectual property and expanding our presence in the high-value markets of the granular business."
The purchase includes a modern facility in Mocksville, North Carolina, capable of producing 22,000 tons of granulated products with a workforce of 12 employees. In addition, The Andersons will assume and market the Cycle Group's EcoGranule brand."This acquisition supports our growth strategies for our premium granulation business and provides the potential for further product production in the future," says Tom Waggoner, President, Turf & Specialty Group. "Cycle Group's reputation for producing a high-quality, patented product in an environmentally safe manner is a good fit for us." About The Andersons, Inc. The Andersons, Inc. is a diversified company rooted in agriculture. Founded in Maumee, Ohio, in 1947, the company conducts business across North America in the grain, ethanol, and plant nutrient sectors, railcar leasing, turf and cob products, and consumer retailing. For more information, visit The Andersons online at www.andersonsinc.com. SOURCE The Andersons, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV