NEW YORK (TheStreet) - Last week Eric, my fiance, asked me what I wanted for Christmas. Truth be told, I didn't know what to tell him.
We are getting married next fall, so asking for housewares from Bed, Bath & Beyond (BBBY) or home decor from TJX's (TJX) HomeGoods (my go-to retailer) seemed silly since I'm having a bridal shower. I could've told him I wanted a gift card to Kohl's (KSS) or that I wanted to upgrade to the Apple (AAPL) iPhone 5s, but since it's a special year for us -- as in this is the last year we will actually have disposable funds considering how much the wedding is costing us and then we plan to buy a house after that -- I wanted to think out of the box.
It got me thinking, "Hey this could be a good story idea!!" So, what are some of the coolest gift ideas out there?
Following up on the "8 Black Friday Deals I Would Totally Buy" story, here are 10 gifts, in no particular order, that I would love to get but that I'm sure Eric would NEVER think to give me. He better read this story for inspiration!
Editor's note: Eric, you better get her at least one or two of these items. I'm not kidding.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV