CLEVELAND, Dec. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- OM Group, Inc. (NYSE: OMG) today announced that its Board of Directors has named Carl R. Christenson as a director of the company, effective January 1, 2014. Mr. Christenson, who will serve with the class of directors that stand for re-election in 2015, fills a vacant seat on the Board, which as of January 1 will be comprised of eight directors including seven who are independent.
"We are excited to add another proven business leader to our Board," said Joe Scaminace, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of OM Group. "Carl brings a wealth of experience that is directly relevant to our objective of delivering technology-driven, value-added solutions for our customers. OM Group will benefit from Carl's leadership and valuable perspectives as we continue to execute our strategy of organic growth and synergistic acquisitions."
Mr. Christenson is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Altra Industrial Motion Corp, a leading global supplier of electromechanical power transmission and motion control products. Prior to his current position, Mr. Christenson served as the Company's President and Chief Operating Officer from 2005 to 2008. From 2001 to 2005, Mr. Christenson was the President of Kaydon Bearings, a manufacturer of custom-engineered bearings. Mr. Christenson holds an MS and BS degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Massachusetts and an MBA from Rensselaer Polytechnic.
About OM GroupOM Group is a technology-driven industrial company serving attractive global markets, including automotive systems, electronic devices, aerospace, industrial and renewable energy. Its business platforms use innovative technologies and expertise to address customers' complex applications and demanding requirements. For more information, visit the Company's website at www.omgi.com. SOURCE OM Group, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV